Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Tired One.

Lately, these two verses have been coming to mind when I am tired. It's not an intentional thing. They just come to mind. It's a God thing. 

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 NIV

"Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God..." Psalm 46:10 AMP 

These verses put me in my place. I am the tired one. I am not the one that can control my situation. I can try, but recognizing that immediately frees me to receive God's immediate help. I am the tired one. He is the faithful one. He is the one who brings strength. If He tells me to rest, I can trust that. If He tells me to finish my task, I can trust that.

He gives us rest.

And some times you just have to talk to yourself, encourage yourself and say, "Let be and be still. Know that He is God. Come to Him. You are weary and burdened; tired and afraid; weak and worrisome; but He will give you rest."

You can trust that.

No comments:

Post a Comment