Wednesday, May 7, 2014

No Women ('s Conference). No cry.

About a week ago, I learned about an upcoming conference in Orlando that seems absolutely amazing to attend. I want (ed) to go. It's an expensive conference in relation to our income and expenses. If I had found out about it much sooner, I may have been able to find a way to save for it. 

Maybe. 

I wouldn't know for sure though because I didn't. 

Anyhow, 

I got all gung-ho about creating a last ditch effort. I'm a natural dreamer, and I put myself out there to see what would happen. 

So, I started a booster campaign. 

Let's rewind a bit, I stayed up very late one night when I was already quite sleep deprived to start a booster campaign. Then exhausted as I was, and though there were other things going on in my personal life, I proceeded to work my butt off while trying so hard to do this project "just in case it might work". 

That's when it dawned on me. 

I don't have enough space in my life right now to throw myself into projects that aren't designed for me. I just don't. Don't get me wrong. I can do more than my exhaustion often tells me to do, but I can do not one more thing than what God has given me the strength to do. I just can't. 

So, my booster campaign is going bye-bye along with my hopes to get to the conference this year. I'll research next year's conference, and try to attend that one if I can. For now, I have much to do and enjoy, to spin my wheels mercilessly on things that aren't for me. 

Time to focus my works on the things that God has predestined for me to do, through His sweet grace of course. He'll make a way for me there. 

He already has. 

In the words of the late Bob Marley,
"Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right, yeah!
Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right-a!
Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right, yeah!
Everything's gonna be all right!"


Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. 





No comments:

Post a Comment